|Event date||29 November 2019 (Fri)|
|Time||19:00 - 21:00|
|CPD hours||2 hrs|
|Language||Cantonese (Handout in English)|
||Hall, 1/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
- Identify an investment property within the scope of HKAS 40 and situation when a property can be transferred in and out of the investment property category.
- Explain how to measure investment property.
- Explain what is included in the cost of investment property.
- Explain the disclosure requirement for investment property.
- Objective and scope of HKAS 40
- Initial recognition and measurement
- Subsequent measurement
- Cost model
- Fair value model
- The interaction between HKAS 2 Inventories, HKAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment and HKAS 40 Investment Property
- Accounting for derecognition
Benefits for Participants:
The seminar will introduce the participants detailed overview of HKAS 40 Investment Property including the recognition, subsequent measurement and decognition of investment property. It also discusses when inventory, property, plant and equipment, and investment property are to be transferred to another classification of assets and how to account for such transaction. Participants can have a comprehensive understanding on the accounting treatment on investment property.
Mr. Kamsuo Wong
MA, LLM, MBA, CPA(HK), CPFA(UK), FCPA(Aust)
With three Master's degrees under his belt, Mr. Kamsuo Wong, is highly regarded as a multi-faceted academic backed by over fifteen years of extensive professional experience in accounting. He is a professional accountant in Hong Kong, United Kingdom and Australia. He is currently the Dean of Students and Assistant Professor of Centennial College (an independent College established by University of Hong Kong), Adjunct Lecturer at a number of universities and tertiary education institutions. He is also an Independent Non-Executive Director of ETS Group Limited (stock code: 8031).
Mr. Wong is an experienced educator and professional with profound knowledge and expertise in business sector. Before being a trainer, Mr. Wong worked as the management in the Accounting Department of a US based company in Hong Kong which the company is listed in NYSE. Mr. Wong was responsible for the functions of financial reporting, treasury, budgeting and internal control of the company. He also participated and contributed in the Committee for the information system change.
Mr. Wong had also provided various trainings for multinational corporations such as Cathay Pacific Airways, Mitsubishi (Hong Kong), Hua Neng Power (Beijing), Shiseido (Beijing), Mobifone (Vietnam), Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, and HKSAR Government including the Inland Revenue Department and Housing Authority in the areas of financial reporting, financial management and management accounting.
Deadline of submission:
22 November 2019 (Fri)
Online Payment / Bank Transfer / Cheque
- We will send the confirmation email 2 working days before the seminar to successful enrollees. If you do not receive any confirmation email, please contact us at 2155 8288 or 3575 6350.