|Event date||10 October 2019 (Thu)|
|Time||19:00 - 21:00|
|CPD hours||2 hrs|
|Language||Cantonese (Handout in English)|
||Hall, 1/F, Duke of Windsor Social Service Building, 15 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, HK|
- Obtain a high level understanding of the economic substance requirements in British Virgin Islands
- Understand the current development and the reporting requirements as recently announced by some resident agents
- What is economic substance?
- Overview of the economic substance legislations introduced by British Virgin Islands
- How to demonstrate“substance”?
- Reporting and filing requirements
- Legal consequences for non-compliance?
Benefits for Participants:
Obtain a refresh of the requirements and sharing of ways to report as adopted by resident agents.
Ms. Frances Chan
Ms. Frances Chan specialises in corporate services and (solvent) liquidation. She has vast experience in corporate governance and has assisted regional and international clients in establishing presences in Hong Kong and in certain offshore jurisdictions. She also has experience in project co-ordination, corporate restructuring, administration and management. Frances has worked in the insolvency field for 9 years before joining the company secretary profession.
Currently, Frances is the founder and director of K. Leaders Business Consultants Limited. She formerly held senior positions at KPMG, KCS and TMF in Hong Kong.
Frances is a fellow member of Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS), Taxation Institute of Hong Kong, Institute of Chartered Secretaries Administrators, Chartered Association of Certified Accountants, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and The Association of Hong Kong Accountants, and a member of the Hong Kong Securities Institute. She is also a registered Subsidiary Intermediary of the Mandatory Provident Schemes Authority of Hong Kong (Registration number 125318).
Her community involvement includes acting as a member of the Inland Revenue Department Users' Committee, Professional Services Panel Focus Group of HKICS, Official Receiver's Office Service Advisory Committee (representing HKICS). She retired as a member of the Companies Registry Customer Liaison Group in March 2015 after her 6 years membership.
Deadline of submission:
3 Oct 2019 (Thu)
Online Payment / Bank Transfer / Cheque
- We will send the confirmation email 2 working days before the seminar to successful enrolees. If you do not receive any confirmation email, please contact us at 2155 8288 or 3575 6350.